Monday 8 December 2008

Things that annoy me

I generally try to be rather a zen, optymistic and easy going person but there are things that are sending me through the roof.
I went to the North Bridghe paper shop today to get the cardboard for my maquettes (a college shop is closed until the 5th of January, how handy). They had it (surprise surprise! it was a third shop I have visited in my new heels just to get a piece of cardboard) but unlike the college shop, only in massive, vast sheets. As from the North Bridge I was planning to continue over the bridge to The St James Center to lurk around John Lewis' cooking accessories department I was not very willing to carry such a sail with me. Not to mention that this cardboard + today's wind would send me flying over the Weaverly Station in a blink as north part of it is supposedly the windiest place in Britain.
The shop assistant refused to cut it in half.
I was gobsmacked but at this stage I tried the joke with me flying over the roofs of The New Town.
He said NO.
I asked why, trying to lick a white foam forming on my mouth.
The HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS replied he.
So I paid my 85 p for the board and bent it in half in front of his very eyes on saying that I have never heard anything more stupid in my whole life.

Another thing that devastates me every morning as I look at it and try to use it is situated in our bathroom.
When I asked Simon why do British people did such a crazy thing to their taps he replied that doing it like the rest of Europe would be dangerously FRENCH.



No comments: