Tuesday 30 December 2008

The Camera Obscura

Luckily the weather still keeps up so we are visiting and visiting and then doing some more of visiting...

Yesterday we had a pleasant hour at the site of Camera Obscura with its fascinating views of the city and the whole bunch of little gems of illusion like this cut out site of the exhibition in Victorian London.
It actually reminded me a lot of one my end of term work in ESAG, which was supposed to capture an idea of the internet (whoever wants to copy - bugger off, this idea is mine! Think of something else for youself!) - pity I did not know it at that time as I would know better how to prepare the whole construction and joining of the screens.
Luckily one is allowed to take pictures (except the room of the camera obscura itself so as not to disturb other visitors) or I might have burst otherwise, surrounded with so many fascinating visual ideas, so useful for my research project for the college.

No comments: