Friday 16 January 2009

Really big negatives

This week I have finally plucked up some courage and booked a large format camera for a portrait studio shoot. I was lucky not only because the model I had invited actually agreed to pose (she had gorgeous pink hair and was really patient when I was struggling with MPP camera's focusing mechanism) but also because I got two assistants - Sejin from my MFA class who uses large format on a daily basis and Simon, my lovely Uber Photographer, who helped to set up the lights and create amicable atmosphere during the shoot.
Both girls were cooing over him how nice and sweet he was and indeed he was - without him things would definitely go tits up as I have first forgoten a bag with a digi cam (this time used as some sort of a Polaroid preview camera) and he rushed back home to bring it and then it turned up that a college flash did not have a modeling lamp so Simon rushed again to bring our own Hensel's one from home. At this point my pink haired model arrived so I still managed to look professional.

Well, professional and well organised until Sejin and I mixed up our boxes with film so until I devolop my 5x4 negatives I do not know how it all is going to look like.

P.S. This post's illustration is another friend from my MFA course, Neil showing in slow motion how to load a piece of 5x4 negative into a casette.

No comments: