Friday 23 January 2009

Edinburgh Fashion - part 2

Britian offically entered so dreadded recession today, however it is not the reason of today's post. There is another thing that baffles me here all the time - it is an image of bare feet being the best winter accesory to the fashionable women here. The temperature hovers just above zero, I am wearing socks made of the thickest wool that Gap could provide and a woolly hat is permanently on my head and my neck is wrapped in a thick woolly scarf but here - nooooooooooooo. Bare feet. What is more - bare legs! A girl waiting at a bus stop wearing just a t-shirt (and some gloves, mmmmmmmm warmth!)
Simon and I we were sharing a joke back in Krakow: how to spot a Brit in Krakow during winter? It will be the only person in the whole space of the Main Market Square going through the snow storm in a t-shirt.

Bare feet in the image courtesy of my ECA's colleague. When I asked her: WHY??!! She simply answered that otherwise her feet would not fit into her shoes. Maybe the reality is less complicated than one thinks.

No comments: