Friday 1 May 2009

Weaverley







Yesterday I was having a Skype discussion with a friend from Paris, who tried to take a picture of a beautiful sunlight in his appartment. I was really envoius when I saw this warm glow in his flat while it was raining here every 15 minutes and the sun never emerged from behind the clouds.
These pictures were taken while I was passing by the Weaverley Station today. The bridge you see it is the North Bridhe which I was mentioning in a winter post here. I had to cross from Princes Street to the Old Town and the fastest way was to cut across next to Scott's Monument via the street which lays on top of the train station (well it is actually called Weaverley Bridge). The light was simply amazing and I took a picture of the opposite bridge bathed in light and then I tourned around just to see a huge black cloud burgeoning with storm coming towards me fast across the sky.You can see the clouds gathering in the middle image .
Then the strom started - I quickly went down into the covered space of the station to browse at WHSmiths. Ten minutes later when I emerged with a new issue of I-D magazine, it was bright again and I could continue my journey up the hill when the sun was out again and the storm gone.
It is the only sure thing about Scottish weather - it never stays the same for too long.

No comments: