Sunday 5 April 2009

Not THAT much, phleeeese!

When I said that I will not be posting for a while I did not mean such a long break!
I do not know if you also have it that your body seems to secretly know when you are about to have a break from your gruelling routine. So when you are just hoping to get away/top up on some work that got neglected for a while for whatever reason/have some unexpected holiday/are hoping to make a trip it all of a sudden stops to a grinding halt.
We went for a quick sightseeing to Linlithgow Palace on a beautiful, sunny and warm Thursday afternoon and I was about to prepare a nice, fat post about the place of birth of my Scottish obsession aka Mary Queen of Scots (who was born there), but to no avail! No way, said my tummy as I laid down with a hight fever back from the trip on Thursday evening, following with Friday and Saturday. I did not have any other nasty sensations - just a feeling of a brick swollowed and a feverish head. I blame the tasty organic brie and fresh cucumber sandwitches I prepared for the day...
However during my exhausting time in bed I have even managed to read half of a very serious book that I need for my reasearch and return to my tutor after Easter.
On Saturday afternoon I had to roll out of bed to go to a client meeting and then miraculously I felt good again (I wonder why?). I hope Simon will not get down with that weird tummy bug as he is going down to London tomorrow on a very important work meeting.
I will post in next couple of days about the Linlithgow - especially that I had a very strange feeling of seeing it before (but not one like seeing it in a film but in real life, only which one?). This story is comming soon as now I have to fight another disaster - a plague of moths invaded my vintage Simple and Solar woolls, nibbled on Simon's best cashmere jumper so I will have to get these little buggers OUT no matter how much of elbow grease and time it requires.
You see, I have said I am going to be busy but not with these kind of things!
P.S. Today's image depicts Simon in the morning (well, 11 am to be precise, after I just came back home with Sunday newspapers)

No comments: