Monday 20 April 2009

Relationships


Since I am enrolled to the Institute Francaise library here in Edinburgh and I do happily use their resources not just for reading latest issues of Elle magazine (s0 many pounds saved as in contrary to Polish edition, the French one is a weekly! They do not stock French Vogue so this one I have to either buy or wait a month until it appears at ECA's library) but also to watch lots of nice Franch films every week. I am still working on not forgetting my French under the avalanche of everyday English, secretly hoping that maybe one day I will be able to live in Paris again. 

This week we were combining Kassovitz's La Haine with more left bank intello Les Amants du Flore. While Vincent Cassel with his shaved head really looks like an angry doberman, Anna Mouglalis perfectly impersonates Simone de Beauvoir with her sultry voice and slanty eyes.

I hope that one day she will be willing to accept a part in one of Phil's films as she is simply magnetising the screen with her personality. Even without any make up.

No comments: