Saturday 25 April 2009

Ingleby



After uploading some images for a client that we worked on for last couple of days we went for a walk to see a small exhibition of Francesca Woodman's work in Ingleby Gallery. This exhibition consists of 27 silver gelatin prints and I was really surprised how small the prints were! Not much bigger than contacts of medium format  and one was a large format contact from a 5x4 all beautifully framed in simple, wooden grey frames.

Prints were priced at 3000 to 4000 pounds in edition of 40.

We still have to see the show at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art as it is mostly combined of prints once owned by artist's boyfriend.

Every time I see these works I think how mature their author was at barely 20. What was I doing when I was 20? Would any of my work would be possible to go on a coherent show? Doubt it. My destination seems to be more Louise Bourgeois than Francesca Woodman, hopefully.

No comments: