Friday 10 June 2011

Stuck

I never complain that I am stuck in front of my computer all day (and especially not now when Simon got for me a brand new Apple keyboard so that my loud typing would not disturb him, I am a very happy bunny with a much less cluttered desk) and I must say that these days I am jolly glad that I am - it is raining every 30 minutes! When a heavy shower finishes the sun comes out and then the whole thing starts all over again after a short interval. In general the weather in Edinburgh now might be described by using a Polish expression 'do bani', which translates as hopeless.

We have had 2 days of a proper summer (now it is almost two weeks ago) when temperatures soared to a dazzling +24 degrees in the sunshine (laughable summer heat by Polish standards, when they have + 35 there at the moment. In the evening!) for two days. Both days we worked - one day at home to complete a deadline, on the other day on an outdoors (how lucky for our client!) location photoshoot.

The image comes from the first day when we decided to escape from in front of our image processing machines and warm up in the sunshine, unacommpannied by an usual in Scotland freezeing breeze coming straight from Norway.

I thought that this image might cheer me up and also to remind all my continental friends how lucky they are without a fussy Jet Stream not being able to decide how far down South it should blow it's cold wet air. At the moment is is blowing it right over North of UK...

No comments: