Thursday 2 June 2011

Partner in Crime


You know me, I love a wee shopping and I was extremely happy that my friend Sejin asked me to go with her to a mega-discounts-on-all-merchandise event that exclusive shopping sanctuary (aka Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh) prepared for some desperate women before the summer sales start.

I decided to go with an open mind (do I really NEED 15th Mac eyeshadow?) but Sejin's list was long as an arm so I just offered to give my honest oppinion and advice if she would need any or just hold her handbag if she would need both hands to test stuff. To our disappointment the whole event turned out to be a perfectly orchestrated marketing miracle and anything that Sejin and I had on our lists (mine was a mental one only) was not on sale. In the end we were so dissapointed that we had to have a laughing fit in the handbag department (£1000 Miu Miu bag, anyone?) which you can see in the images. Well, there were women grabbing three Marc Jacobs bags in one go hoping that they will get a  -15% discount on them but frankly I think I prefer to add that £50 that HN offer would have saved me and shop without all that fuss, crowd and spilled cheap champagne everywhere.

In the end we went for a coffee at Valvona and Crolla nearby and passing by Mulberry shop we have managed to obtain two balloon Bayswater bags. As Sejin put it in her FB comment to that afternoon events, now all we need is a fairy to turn the balloon into a real thing. Well, the fairy should better hurry up, my balloon is already deflating!

All images courtesy of Sejin. Have a great time on your Italian holidays! See you back in couple of weeks, hopefully with that dreamed Prada bag on your shoulder!

No comments: