Friday 23 July 2010

Will they ever learn?

I made a conscious decision of not changing my maiden name when I got married. Though I am considering that change more and more when observing an ability of the Scottish people to rework and reinvent my name and my surname...

Two recent examples - a notice on my college portfolio box for the graduation jury - how do they manage with all these Asian and Indian students? Are these people ever able to find themselves on any of the ECA's students lists?
And now an exaple from this week - I went to reheel my shoes and when lady who was filling the receipt asked me about my name I decided to skip the complicated bit and here is what I ended up with:
I would not have been surprised if these were just two examples but it happened already so many times that i have lost count. So this is my rant for today. Sincerely yours, Slivia Kowalozyk.

No comments: