Tuesday 27 October 2009

Dalhousie castle - picture heavy

One of the advantages of my work is visiting places that I would have never bothered to visit just for myself . Doing it for a client is a godd boost and a bonus of seeing many great locations in Scotland.
Today it was a visit in 700 years old Dalhousie Castle, situated south of Edinburgh. It has been turned into a posh spa hotel but we were more interested in their falconry than their pools.
`





The most impressive and also very friendly bird was a Great Grey Owl known as Navajo with its humanlike eyes. The huge round facial disk works like a satellite dish helping ears to pick up on the tiniest noises. I am sure we must have created a lot of noise with our cameras and boots on wet gravel in front of the cages, but the bird welcomed us with a friendly hooting and fluttering of long eyelashes. I was most impressed with its ability to turn its head literally 360 degrees!

No comments: