Wednesday 15 July 2009

No idea



I seem not to have any ideas in my head any more. I think it must be a lack of holidays or a growing pressure over approaching deadlines. I have been completing a major commission recently and to my surprise I noticed that my head was surprisingly emptied of any good ideas. Not even great ones - good ones. Just when I have managed to put my foot through the door and get a response to my portfolio! Maybe sometimes one just has to do just a good, not a brilliant job? I would love to do only brilliant ones all the times but frankly I do not give a damn anymore. Maybe I just need a holiday, some quiet time in a warm place, with a good book (I am currently at Gladwell's 'Outliers' recommended by Szymon on his visit in Edinburgh couple of months ago.)

Another image taken through an Oxford's shopping window illustrates today's uninspired post. Maria Callas relaxing in the company of Churchill - this must have been a holiday! He called her 'terribly irritating' though - maybe she did not have any ideas for subjects of a sparkling conversation with him? Happens to me all the time.

No comments: