Wednesday 1 December 2010

Winter - part 2

Wow! Edinburgh looked today as if we all moved to Poland w/o travelling. I went out just after noon to catch up with my friend Simon (one of not many of my friends who were not snowed in or down with a cold) and ended up in a blizzard of a decade:



The time was approximately 1.30 pm but it was dark as if the night was about to fall! Cold wet wind was smacking one's face with falling snow and I had to wear my heavy winter boots (I call them 'walonki Puma's style') and my famously burned puffa winter coat (that I subsequently had to chop off at the bottom). And all that just for a 10 minutes walk to Peter's Yard. Of course it all stopped when I settled down over my ham soup at PY and sun came out again so Simon arrived all rosy from the cold not even knowing what he had missed while working at the library over his essay.



No comments: