Monday 4 October 2010

Beach

I was posing couple of days ago for one of Sejin's portraits (which looked smashing in the preview of her digital camera - I had just a wee glimpse because I know how annoying it is when people want to see themselves in the image you are working on, so I tried to curb my curiosity but Sejin shoots on large format Linhoff camera so I will have to wait a while to see the final result anyway!). It was a very exciting experience. I hope she will be happy with the result even though I am s**t at posing, no mater how good is the photographer! I tried to do my best of course!

This image actually comes from a day before the shoot when we went for a location scouting trip and light was simply too harsh to take any suitable pictures. The next day the weather conveniently collapsed and even though we arrived at exactly the same spot, at exactly the same time it was at least 5 stops darker. The little hut was a very welcomed windbarier, especially when I had to take some clothes off for one of the shots.

Then we headed for a little treat at a nearby Luca's cafe in Musselburgh to warm up.

I am already a proud owner of one large format polaroid portrait coutesy of Sejin in black and white so I will be happy to pair it with a colour version, this time taken on a real Scottish location.

No comments: