Sunday 13 June 2010

Expo at ECA

Edinburgh College of Art Graduation Show opened two day ago and I have spent last several days talking to various visitors about my project shown in a very conveninet location of the Sculpture Court. Website also went up, so you can see more than just 3 exhibited Temporal (Portraits) at http://www.sylwiakowalczyk.com/

I have had some frendly conversations with people from Scottish NPG and an independent curator who immediately invited me to take part in the show he is curationg somewhere in the New Town (I did agree though I am going to see the space tomorrow) though beahviour of some visitors bewilders me: they TOUCH works on the wall, they choose their favourite of the provided postcards scattering the rest of them all over the place, they read comments in the comments book without leaving their own and during the private view I had to remove several cups with RED wine that were left just next to the prints in portfolio box.

We are back from Haddington now and back to our regular schedual. I would like to have a look tomorrow if anybody have not nicked my prints (exhibition is supervised but you never know, I kind of assumed that the Blurb book will eventually get stolen at some point as it is too tempting) and to top up the cards as they disappear surprisingly fast - I think at least 200 were distributed in the first 3 days of the exhibition!

Meanwhile have a look at several pictures (courtesy of Simon's new toy about which later) from the Friday evening:

No comments: