Friday 1 January 2010

Christmas in Poland - Warsaw

My stay in Warsaw usually starts in Miedzy Nami Cafe where I arrive mid day from the airport (I have to start my journey in the very early hours of the morning as my flight from Glasgow is at 8 am) and immediately plunge into their tasty (and a very reasonably priced!) food, with plenty of black tea which in Poland is served with a slice of lemon, instead of milk.

There was their usual installation (sometimes they use their big central wall this time it was stairs), this time with gnomes. (How sad we had to chuck oaway our Zygmunt when moving out of our Krakow flat), and one of the top Polish photographers, Mr. Swietlik, was taking pictures of some of his friends:

It was so cold outside (reaching  almost - 20 degrees!) that I cancelled all of my plans (even shopping was not going to make me venture outside!) and I decided to wait for my friend Kasia in the cafe. Nobody was bothering me, I kept on ordering more and more coffee and cake while reading all the latest editions of Polish press (this the most apart from family and friends that I miss about Pland) and having an occassional chat with people form a next table.

No comments: