Tuesday 15 September 2009

Viva Jamie!

I must say that I never been a big fan of Jamie Olivier. His recipies seemed too fancy for my taste, his books and persona a bit too well promoted and for me he lost his zest. Until tonight when Simon and I watched an episode from his latest TV series, when he goes to New York (it is the only place in America that I really would like to visit) and visits some real underground kitchens.

Jamie turned out to be truly charming, professional and funny and as it turned out also a Sudanese in 6th generation! (Hence these plumpy lips). He really made me to (almost) establish in Dodie's (Simon's mum, an excellent cook herself) and make one of his recipies actually happen. A certain domestic goddess never have moved me this way!

P.S. Keith Floyd, the very first celebrity TV chef died today.
P.S.2 Off to have some muesli.
P.S.3 We do not have a tv so we will not be able to see how Jamie goes South in his next episode.

No comments: