Wednesday 23 September 2009

Autumn

Autumn equals coming back to college. On Thursday I am staring my last year in education (I have said that - teaching/learning? Never again.) and after many a deliberation I decided to cintinue my postgraduate studies. Last year I was quite disappointed but this year I am promising myself to squeeze every last possibility out of this college and their facilities. Just like they are squeezing every last penny of my funds.

Simon was against me continuing - with all that money pumped into tuition fees I could have done a great deal more with my project - to travel, to put the portfolio together, go and actually meet curators. But maybe it is my Polish upbringing - one has to have a degree. Well, even if you already have one then get youself one more!

However maybe I just need an eye opener - I am not longer a kid in need of guidance, I can actually make the decissions myself. But maybe that is why I needed that year and that ridiculous amount of money to realise that.

Now I need to earn enough to complete the project and pay for the college and what is even more important, I have to make all the right decisions so that all that effort and two years of financial sacrifice are not wasted. Please, pray for me!

No comments: