Monday 31 August 2009

Friends visiting - more details

One of my most beloved friends - Adam and his talented girlfriend Dea left on Sunday morning (actually it was still deep into the night when we all had to wake up, gather the belongings and head for the airport bus accompanied by crowds of barefoot Edinburgh Saturday-night-drunk-partygoers heading opposite direction) and I am missing them already, especially that I have no idea when I will be able to get down to meet them again in Berlin where they live their busy lives. All my spare funds will be slurped up by another year in the College and I will be busy with the graduation project which does not leave lots of spare cash or time for travelling.
They were also the most patient and helpful models in my photographic ideas last week.

Therefore the more I appreciate their visit - I had a chance to be creative (ekhem ekhem) and we had a fantastic time.

One of my other favourite friends described once an experience like that as communicating on the same wavelenght, the same frequency and this is exactly the way it is when I get a chance to spend some time in Adam's company.

We have met in hilarious circumstances many years ago. Thanks to his guidance I had a fantastic time when living for a while in Paris (where he laboured for IHT for several years). Thanks to Adam I will never forget where metro Abesses is (we have once spent the whole afternoon searching for this particular location from a certain very famous French film which just came out in French cinemas at the time of my stay) or his guidance around labirynth of Le Marais when I accidentaly managed to scout a new l'appart for him .

He is living in Berlin now, in a spacious flat, thank God ( and just a couple of streets from my other best Berlin friend Monica, which is very handy for when I visit - not that I would visit that often, unfortunately). He has also teamed up with a wise, charming and very patient girl (qualities not so often encountered amongst modern women) who understands a lot about photography even though she is, on the contrary, an extremely tallented violinist. They form such a vivid couple so all I can do is hope that it is going to stay that way for both of them! (Well it is none of my business but one likes to see happines of one's best friends!)

No comments: