Wednesday 11 April 2012

Back from Texas!

Nope I have not disappeared from the surface of the Erath, I just went to Houston Texas, and now I am finally back in Edinburgh and slowly emerging from my first jetlag experience (16 hours sleep two days in a row anyone?).

That trip was long time in the making (I had to go to Belfast from my American visa which was an experience in itself!) and 9 days in America went by like a dream (a hot and sweaty one I must say, it was +35 degrees, tornado in Dallas and 90% humidity - even our Ethiopian driver was saying that the life in Houston in the summer can be unbearable), now we are back and we are supposed to get back to work mode pronto.

Here are some images from our stay in Downtown Houston and from our 8 miles walk (yes, walk!) into the real american suburbs (these houses looked like taken straight from 'Desperate Housewives'!). More can be seen at my other blog www.theillustriousillustrator.blogspot.com or at my Twitter/Instagram feed.

Enjoy! All the visual clichees are really there, just look up and you'll see another one:






No comments: