Friday 11 November 2011

Into the void

So I have finally succumbed and just after I got back from my two weeks in Poland, Simon dragged me kicking and screaming (not really but let's say I was reluctant) to exchange my old, wobbly and unreliable mobile into a smart iPhone.

The whole operation was relatively painless (lady sorting my mess out was Polish too), though reminded me strangely about these scenes in a Hollywood movies where a savage is being washed for the very first time by servants but actually likes his/hers new, fresh self before parading in front of the lady fo the mansion.

I have survived 3 generations of Apple's invention but the whole point really was about not surrending into this particular lifestyle where people are stalking each other on Face Book, are obliged to reply to a stranger's email the moment they received it and instead of having a nice chat while they have a relaxing afternoon in the restaurant, they obsessively check their emails under the table or even worse - put their dinky mobile devices on the table straight away after sitting down to their meal with their girlfriends. Who do exactly the same anyway so nobody really minds all that rudeness.

However on the other hand when I watch my children so fearlessly dipping into the technology, being as old as Face Book themselves and not knowing the times before its invention, pros started to overwhelm the cons and here we are. I got the white one. Let the games begin.

I might even now get on Face Book, who knows.

P.S. Actually the picture was taken with Simon's iPhone. In black btw.

P.S.2 A quick message to all the people whe were trying to get in touch on my mobile throughout last several days - my sincere apollogies, the old one died on my last day in Poland and I was not ready with the new phone until this afternoon.

No comments: