Thursday 4 February 2010

Shelf

I know, we are really slow with our house decoration. This shelf was actually purchased at the same time as the plant from my previous post.

To my surprise, Simon got up and started assembling it tonight! Here it holds most of our collection of favourite films and records. Well, some are still in boxes that we brought from Krakow. However it gives a little clue of how much junk we acumulate and how much of it we really do not need. However I will always need Woody Allen's 'Love and Death' (which we watched couple of nights ago - it was my first complete viewing of the film after 20 years as the first time, I have managed to watch the very last 20 minutes! I must have been about 10 years old, it was my first Allen's film and I loved his comedies and short stories ever since. I must have been lucky to be able to watch tv late into the night! Though I must say I find Allen's latest oeuvres a bit spooky.).

A scene in a slapstick joke's style, when Boris repeatedly hits Sonia in the head with a bottle, brought me to  tears of laugther. I must say I am seeing lots of simmilarities between us and this couple! Except that the roles should be reversed...If I ever have a daughter I am planing to call her Sonia - one just has to love Diane Keaton!

No comments: