Wednesday 16 December 2009

Awful

On the days like this I hate my current life - 8 hours of inserting references and captions into a completely useless critical study (I am photographer, not an aspiring PhD scholar, so just let me take pictures for f* sake, instead of making me to write 9000 words of absolute bullshit so just to match number of words! Especially that fron next year college is changing these rules anyway.), but first 6 hours spent begging the college technicians to print 2 testprints. That is how long it took - anywhere else it takes me 1.5 h including a final print. When I was ready in 15 minutes with my corrections they buggered off for 2 hours lunch break. Then they had an hour coffee break. I know I am not a star of the department and everybody has to bend backwards for my sake but honestly - if everybody in this country works like them, Scotland will not be able to get out of this recession for many years to come. I might be harsh with my judgeent but the final straw was closing the college for 2 weeks until the very day of a final submission. Pay us you dosh but go away to do your prints in town paying commercial prices. I cannot wait to graduate. Never again a teacher and never a student again. Ever. Give me wedding images to process any day.


No comments: